JOURNAL OF THE MISFIT

talk to yourself, talk to the tears. talk to the man who put you here. & don’t wait for the sky to clear.


a friend once asked me, "what is happiness?"
one simple question, but it takes a thought to answer. it's not like i've never been happy before or that i've never appreciated its existence in life; it's the opposite - there are TOO many things in life that make me happy. defining those things one by one surely gives me a hard time, so does summing it up into one exact sentence.

well, happiness is...
  • being able to wake up in the morning, which means He gives me another beautiful day to live in.
  • having a cup of coffee & a well-cooked fried rice for my breakfast to start my day with.
  • there's no traffic jam on my way to campus so i can arrive on class right on time.
  • being able to sit in the class & have the appropriate education - which i think everyone should have.
  • receiving good score on exams after browsing through books all night long for studying.
  • laughing so hard until my face hurts.
  • singing along to my favorite tracks on my way to campus.
  • lying in my bed & listening to my favorite musics while it's raining outside.
  • eating Soto Ayam with lots of koya, Nasi Campur Bali with Sate Babi, or Nasi Padang in a big portion.
  • laughing at myself when i make a mistake.
  • playing with my kitties & talking to them (though their only reply is "miaow")
  • watching the sunrise & the sunset on my rooftops.
  • midnight phone-calls with besties (& talking for like, hours).
  • when somebody asks me, "what are you doing?" - although my routine's actually not interesting at all.
  • movie-marathons all day long with a big bucket of popcorn plus extra butter in my hand.
  • strolling the mall all alone :)
  • reading Reader's Digest while having a hot coffee in the cozy evening.
  • being told that i'm unique (instead of weird).
  • receiving an unexpected text message from the people i care about the most - although it's only a simple greeting.
  • listening to classic-oldies songs without being told that my taste of music is horrible.
  • being able to learn something new each day.
  • when my little brother doesn't steal the internet bandwith at home.
  • when i feel sad, somebody comes up to me asking what's wrong & i answer, "nothing, i'm just fine", that somebody says, "don't lie to me, i know things aren't okay."
  • spending time together with my family. i love them so much.
  • first day on school - i get to see new faces in class, it's cool!
  • knowing that i'm not doing the work alone when it comes to a group assignment.
  • watching Joseph Gordon-Levitt's movies & admiring how cute he is (& be jealous of whoever his love interest is in the movies).
  • spending time together with people i love.
  • finding someone who can truly understand me & accept me for who i am (err... hopefully soon! xD)
  • getting scholarship, which means i can help out my parents financially.
  • seeing my parents' happy smile on my graduation day (hopefully it'll come true next year).
  • when somebody whom i have a huge crush on finally asks me out (whoaaa, it'll be like a thunder on one hot sunny day LOL)
  • eating all-you-can-eat without worrying about gaining weights.
  • drinking hot chocolate when i have a hard time to sleep.
  • waking up & realizing that it is Sunday morning so that i don't need to go to campus.
  • watching "Glee" & imagining that my future-boyfriend will be like Finn Hudson xD
  • being told that i'm pretty when i wear my slouchy jumper, an old pair of jeans, & keds shoes.
  • being able to help other people (the smile on their face is priceless!).
  • being able to forgive others & be forgiven by others.
  • being surrounded by people who love me :)
  • eating a cheesecake to recover myself from a broken-heart. it works :p
  • drinking fresh orange juice after class.
that's quite a lot, isn't it? :p
well, happiness doesn't always come in a huge package, sometimes it is the little things in life which we often forget because we focus ourselves on the big things. you see, it's easy to be happy - you just have to pay more attention to those little things & be grateful for their existence in your days. laugh hard, smile a lot, give everyone a second chance, life's too short to be anything but happy :)

HAPPINESS IS REAL WHEN IT IS SHARED.
pay it forward the happiness in you to other people. believe it or not, by giving other people a bit of our heart, the more we can appreciate life. why? because the beauty of life doesn't depend on how happy you are, but how happy others can be because of you. so, how do you start it? smile at them. it's contagious :p

if you're asking me whether i'm happy or not at this moment, well, i gotta say that i am. i'm happy because God has given me SOOOO much - He gives me the best family & friends i've ever had, the opportunities to learn many things in life & enjoy the beauty of life itself. always involve God in everything we do, because true happiness can only be found within Him (& that kind of happiness doesn't come along with a price tag! :p)

happiness is yours to live & yours to give, if only you will. it comes from the inside, & the best way to experience it is to get it flowing out. forget about trying & striving to get happy. just decide to be happy, & happiness is yours. because being happy is not a mood, it's a decision you make.

0 comment:

Post a Comment

about this blog

just an average blog about what i see, listen, do, & feel =)

viewers are freely allowed to drop comments, critics, and opinions. COPYCATS, rippers, haters, & spammers will be blocked. strictly NO RIPPING.

lastly, enjoy your stay here :)
Powered by Blogger.

meet the misfit

My photo
i'm the book you have to read, the puzzle you have to solve, & the challenge you have to conquer =)

twitter updates

    follow me on Twitter

    followers

    shoutout

    you are visitor number


    ShoutMix chat widget


    search this blog